Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In The Beginning.

:: Welcome

Go down

In The Beginning. Empty In The Beginning.

Post  Quixote Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Quixote
Quixote
Guild Founder

Back to top Go down

:: Welcome

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum